Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer 2014 Bucket List

This summer is going to be short for me- like 9 weeks total. This year I go back to work in the middle of August, which is way early. Now I know, if you're not a teacher you're telling me to suck it up, no one else gets summers off and yada yada yada. I wont argue the validity or non-validity of your point, I will simply ask you to come into my classroom for one day and then we will see if you think I deserve a nice long break in the summer. If you don't think I do, then we can discuss your reasoning.  
 
Anyway- knowing that my time at home with my bubs is limited, I wanted to make sure that I got all of the fun things in that I simply had to do with him. Grayson is at such a fun age, you really do get to experience everything through his eyes. Even things we did last summer are new again, because he was simply too little to remember them.  Here's the problem, I'm also a procrastinator to the core. So if I know I want to take him to the museum, Ill push it off because its sunny today and Id rather go to the pool. Now that's all fine and good until I'm back with my teenagers and I never got to take my kid to the museum.
 
All that changes however when I make a list. I'm one of those people who get a strange satisfaction by checking things off of the list. It makes sure I get them done, and when the things on that list are staring at me I will not ignore them. So I did what any sane person would do I spent a good 15 minutes using Pic Monkey to make our bucket list, printed it out, and stuck it in a dollar store frame.
 
Now I can cross off what I want using a dry erase marker and make sure that the things I want to experience this summer get completed.
 
 
So tell me friends, what's on your summer bucket list?
 


2 comments:

  1. Such a great list! I hear ya on summer's being short! We have lots of the same on our list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky!! We need to add more to our list, since Mr. Man is bigger this year and doing more he does a lot more in his day. Im thinking of adding daily naps to the list!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)