Friday, July 6, 2012

Fourth of July and Cookie Dough Dip

I have to be honest, I didnt know what to expect for Grayson's first 4th of July. I knew we probably wouldn't make the fireworks, as 9:45 is way past our bedtime around here, but I didn't know if he would freak at the ones we typically light off during dinner.


When the show started, he just watched intently. Even the loud screeches and booms didnt phase this kid.




In our family we don't take normal pictures and I love it.

After the show was over he had a ball playing in Aunt Maureens car.

I wanted to bring some kind of fun desert to the party this year, so of course I turned to Pinterest. I found this cookie dough recipe from Add A Pinch and it was AMAZING.  It also doesn't hurt that it takes 10 minutes to make and is a crowd pleaser. I doubled up the recipe, because I knew there would be alot of people there and it didn't make a whole lot.



Ingredients:
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened. (You need to use the full fat kind or the dip doesn't have the right constancy!)
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (plus a few more for decorating)
2 cups toffee bits (plus more for decorating)


First start by creaming the butter and cream cheese together.
Then add in all of the other ingredients besides chocolate and toffee and mix well.
Add in the chips and toffee bits and mix to combine.
Place into bowl and top with chips and toffee pieces.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Serve with animal crackers, graham crackers, apple slices- anything that's good for dipping!

Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds *really* good, I don't always have a sweet tooth but the boys in the house would find it in their hearts to help me eat it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you!! Grout Cleaning in Amarillo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)