Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentines Day Love Banner

Today I had a little time to think of what I wanted to do for my Valentines Day mantle.  I dont usually decorate the house too much for Valentines- just a wreath on the door, festive placemats (kind of my weakness, not going to lie), a table centerpiece and my mantle.

I saw this tutorial on Sarah's blog Life Sweet Life and I thought it would be perfect to hang up to complete the Valentines Day love.


It is super easy to make, and really only took about 45 minutes.

Supplies:
1/4 to 1/2 yard of burlap (which is $3.99 per yard at JoAnns- its a steal!)
Paint
Ribbon
Triangle template
LOVE letters printed on their own sheet of paper
Scissors, Paint brushes, tape and a glue gun


First start by tracing your triangle template onto the burlap, then cut out the triangles.

Then, making sure your drawn on side is down, lay a triangle over one of the letters you've printed out.  I used Elephant font and it was sized at 300.
Tape the triangle down with a piece of tape so it doesnt take off as you paint.
Since the burlap is nice and see-thru you can see the letter behind it, so you simply trace the outline with a paint pen or a paint brush if you have a steady hand.


Fill in the rest of the letter and set it on a paper towel to dry.

Once they are all dry, flip them over and attach a ribbon with a hot glue gun and Volia.

Since I already had everything except the ribbon and burlap, this project cost me a whopping $4.

Now the hubs wants one for Birthdays, Spring, and Christmas. So I told him what any loving wife would, "Get to painting then, dear!"


Now, I think that blue Mason jar needs some burlap roses. In red.

1 comment:

  1. Cute banner! I like the way you traced the letters through the fabric. Great way to get around needing stencils or stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)