I cant believe that in five short months you have changed Daddy and my life so much, you really are a little miracle baby. We cant believe all of the things you have learned this month, it really is like you're growing up way too fast.
- First and foremost this month you got yourself two front teeth. The bottom two to be exact, and they came in together. Daddy was so excited he tried to hold your mouth open to take a picture of them, until you bit him. Momma has a sneaky feeling you are going to have a little temper on you.
- You got the go ahead at your four month appointment to start solids, and Mommy made you a bunch of foods to try. So far you have had sweet potatoes (liked them), squash (shivered and wasn't a fan), green beans (you actually gagged yourself), prunes (LOVE them), apples (love them), and bananas (you don't really care for them). You get a veggie or fruit every day with lunch, and then your cereal at night which you always gobble right up. Next up to try are carrots, peas, and pears...we'll see how they go!
- This month you also started eating/sitting in your high chair and ever since there has been no more relaxing on the boppy to eat. You prefer to sit up and look around at everything going on around you. When we eat dinner you sit at the table with us telling us stories and playing with your toys. Soon you'll be eating with us, and we cant wait (neither can your puppies, they'll be looking for dropped treats!). You're also getting pretty good at sitting up on your own, and can hold yourself pretty steady for a good amount of time before that big old head makes you fall one way or the other.
- You're wearing size 2 diapers and size 3-6 month clothes, but they are starting to get too short for you. Tonight it was a bit of a struggle to get your jammies on, so I don't know how much longer that size will last. Daddy estimates you weigh around 16 to 17 pounds, but we wont know for sure until we go back to the doctor next month for your six month check up.
- When we took your five month pictures tonight you rolled yourself over from back to belly. You're already a master of belly to back in your sleep, and all of a sudden you are a champ at going all directions. You spent probably 30 minutes rolling from one to the other and back again.
- You celebrated your first Valentines Day, and the card you got Momma made her cry. We dipped your foot in paint for Daddy and sent cut outs of your little hands to both Grammy and Grandma. You also got lots of presents. Pappy got you a DVD player, Grammy and Pap got you a book that sings and an alligator toy, and Gram and Pap sent you a HUGE black gorilla that says how wild they are about you. You are certainly a loved little boy.
- You definitely have a little bit of stranger danger, but when you want someone you reach right out for them. People you're not sure of you like to observe first from our arms or the safety of your car seat. You like to touch our faces, and the face of anyone holding you is fair game to your prodding. The other day you pinched Daddy so hard you left a red mark, and its only a matter of time before you start pulling hair.
- You still love to talk and are getting more vocal every day. I love hearing you chatter in your crib in the mornings, and when Daddy comes home and you're telling him all about your day. You also take after Daddy because you LOVE LOVE LOVE to yell at the TV during Penguin games. When hockey is on, you don't take your eyes off of the screen. You're the only baby I know who watches hockey, and it is so funny to watch you when you're watching it.
Well my little man, thats all for now. Im going to end this post and go grab you up out of your swing and carry you to bed, snuggling you as tight as I can. You're a constant amazement and blessing to me Grayson Boy, and I love you more and more each day.